What You’ll Be Doing
You’ll work closely with other creative professionals to create appealing, user-friendly websites that would make anyone – from your client to your grandma’s great aunt – proud.
You’ll laugh in the face of a challenge. A fast-paced environment where every day is different doesn’t threaten you. In fact, you’ll smile and say, “Bring it on!”
You’ll always go the extra mile. At Key Web Concepts, we’ve built a reputation for being awesome. We deliver awesome results and awesome customer service, going beyond client expectations every single time.
- Brainstorming ideas with our team to push our designs to the next level
- Determining how to balance aesthetics with user experience
- Providing feedback on other designers’ work. Teamwork makes the dream work.
- Creating or reimagining brands through logo and print design
- Designing screen mock-ups for custom websites
- Creating page layouts for mobile devices (responsive design is kind of a big deal)
- Getting your hands dirty with some basic code changes (HTML/CSS/PHP)
- Understanding client relationships, addressing feedback and defending designs
- Improving internal marketing efforts through graphic design pieces
- Having fun in a team environment with passionate, young people!
What You Need To Succeed
- 2 – 5+ years experience in a Web Designer and/or Graphic Designer position
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- A fantastic design portfolio to show us examples of your work
- Keen understanding of design principles and color theory
- An inexhaustible supply of creativity
- Critical thinking skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines
- Desire to learn new skills, take on new challenges and never settle for ‘good enough’
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Capability to work independently or in a team setting
- Working knowledge of HTML & CSS
- Ability to throw a business card across a large room (there will be tryouts)
- An affinity for fish, plants and bearded dragons
- Experience laying out designs for websites, including responsive design
- Proficient in the usage of memes and internet vernacular
- Illustration and typography experience
- Basic knowledge of SEO and social media best practices