Getting to know the newest K’dub employee: Ms. Lindsey Leemis
I had the pleasure to sit down with Miss Lindsey and get to know a little more about herself and where she comes from. <– not Mars or Venus or anything, but interesting enough did you know that alien is a synonym for newcomer? Well now you do, but I felt using it as such could have potential of being misconstrued. Maybe?
sidenote: how mad do you think Jim is that I used “K’dub” ?
Anyway – we are very excited to have Lindsey join us. The work flow has not slowed down yet, and we’re betting it’s not going to anytime soon. So having an extra hand around here means good things for everyone.
Lindsey is going to be working on graphic design and web design, as well as account and project management. She has joined the boys in the bullpen and is prepared (hopefully!) for flying business cards, nerf guns, and tennis balls. And if she ever needs an escape, she will soon be told she’s more than welcome to come on down to the Ninja Fort. (I have 4 walls.)
So here you have it folks, our newest Web Designer & Project Manager: Lindsey Leemis.
- When did you start at Key Web Concepts?
- Exactly 23 hours ago. Day 3. Doing big things!
- Where did you go to school? What did you major in?
- James Madison University. Go Dukes! Media Arts & Design, Converged Media Concentration http://smad.jmu.edu/. Just graduated in May.
- How did you get started in web design?
- Growing up I have loved to doodle, paint, and take photos. I chose my major, Media Arts & Design, Sophomore year. After being accepted to the program, I found that my passion was focused on website design and photography.
- Any other experience within this industry?
- Throughout college I was the project manager for several semester long website projects. At my two internships last summer, I did various social media projects and training clients on how to use these tools to engage their users. I also set up and ran, with a team, social media campaigns that raised money for several awesome non profit organizations.
- What other hobbies do you have?
- Baking yummy cupcakes and cookies, horseback riding, fashion, photography, Pinterest, interior design, technology, and starting up businesses. I also enjoy helping nonprofit organizations through design, fundraising, and volunteering.
- Where are you from? Where do you live now?
- I was born in Oklahoma but currently live in Virginia.
- What do you hope to gain from Key Web Concepts?
- I am excited to jump in and learn more about website design from my fellow bullpen guys Daniel, J, and Anthony. I hope to also get involved with SEO and social media projects from the fabulous Erin — as long she doesn’t move any farther down the hall.
- If you could be any superhero who would it be?
To find out even more about Lindsey:
Website Portfolio & Blog: lindseyleemis.com