Think Facebook is just a site for tweens? Think again!
No One My Age Uses Facebook
While perusing the comScore Data Mine, I came across this great infographic about Facebook visitor demographics. Though most people tend to think that teenagers dominate the popular social networking site, your typical Facebook visitor is actually older than that.
Teens In Minority; Facebook Users Getting Older
- 25 – 34 year olds make up the biggest percentage of Facebook users! They come in at almost 21% of total visitors.
- The second largest group of people on Facebook are in the 35-44 age bracket.
- 18 – 24 year olds account for 17.9% of Facebook users.
- Visitors age 55+ come in at 13.1% of all Facebook visitors.
- Only 10.1% of Facebook visitors are between the ages of 12 and 17.
So, what does this all mean?
Facebook isn’t just for kids; you don’t have to be a teen movie idol or pop start heartthrob or some other teen-centric entity to have a successful presence on this popular networking hub. There is the potential for your business to find its audience on Facebook. The “age” of Facebook doesn’t have to be a deterrent.